Bury Drop In reveals strategic plan to alleviate homelessness locally
Bury Drop In (BDI) has published a three-year plan, detailing how it will play an important part in alleviating homelessness locally. Homeless is a persistent and changing phenomenon in the UK and in Bury St Edmunds. The charity has come through the pandemic well with around 100 registered guests. The strategy details how it will improve homelessness locally by setting out its aims for 2023-2026.
The plan outlines the BDI’s areas of focus for 2023-2026, which include:
- To build on the strengths we have post-pandemic, to continue to grow our understanding of the complex needs of guests and develop creative relationships with others working in the field.
- Build financial resilience through the development of a funding strategy which will include establishing a broader base of individual supporters, churches, businesses, and faith groups in addition to grant funding.
- Develop a greater presence of agencies at BDI sessions that will enable more immediate access to help for guests.
- To be clearly focussed on our core purpose of supporting homeless and vulnerably housed guests, continuously monitoring, and refining our practices.
- To continue to recruit, train and encourage volunteers and staff effectively and with excellence.
- To review and clarify the roles of trustees, staff and volunteers and appoint additional staff as required.
- To provide further dental care, as funds permit.
- To monitor the progress and effectiveness of the women’s coffee morning.
- To work collaboratively with other agencies, churches, faith-groups, and local government to address homelessness.
Robert Green, Chair of Trustees, Bury Drop In said: “These are difficult times for the charitable sector but really tough for our homeless and vulnerably housed guests. We’re delighted to have provided essential and valued services to guests and this three year strategy to 2026 will help us to bring continued hope to people when they really need it. As a Christian organisation we are grateful for all the generous support we receive. We continue to pray and trust God’s continuing faithfulness.”
For more information, click here to read the full strategic plan.